There are only a few steps to show data labels on a column chart. Data labels provide a value you can use to make comparisons.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we use Excel 2016. However, you can follow along in most previous versions of Excel.
Steps to Show Data Labels on a Column Chart
Follow the steps below to display labels on a column chart.
- Select your column chart.
- Under Chart Tools, click Design.
- On the far left of the Chart Tools ribbon, click Add Chart Element.
- Under Chart Element, click Data Labels.
- Under Data Labels, click Outside End or the label option of your choice.
You have just added data labels to a column chart.
- Add an Average Line to a Column Chart
- Add Footnote Markers to Category Labels
- Create a Basic Column Chart